Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Beginning

Hello!

This blog is dedicated to saving money and living a frugal life. My boyfriend Justin and I are embarking on a lifestyle that will take a lot of patience, diligence, and endurance. It will be tough but I believe we will be able to do it.

We didn't live a luxurious life to begin with: typical college students, small apartment, the whole deal. But, after we got out of school, I didn't have a job anymore (I worked at school) and our savings simply dwindled. My parents give me a small allowance (because THAT doesn't make me seem like a spoiled hipster...) but trust me, it comes at a price.

As we continue our look for jobs (which seems like it's harder than it needs to be) this blog will be our tracking device and our record of how we reduce, reuse, and recycle. We will share how we save money to get to where we need to be. Hopefully, after we become employed, my $24,000 in student loans will be paid off because of our savings and his things will be paid off as well.

The first thing we did was save about ten bucks last night by utilizing what we already had to make dinner instead of going out and buying more to cook with. Our end result: Veggie fried rice!


Onions, a bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, a bag of frozen peppers, and leftover yellow rice. Fried up with some soy sauce and pepper. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment